The music is acoustic guitar-driven, with songs led by a live band. Hear an inspiring and challenging sermon, pray for the needs of the world, and connect with others in this intimate community. Fun and safe nursery & kids’ programs.
*Months that have a fifth Sunday the congregation serves out in the community instead of having a worship service.
8:30 am Service
Generally classic hymns and newer acoustic guitar-driven songs make up the music. Hear an inspiring and challenging sermon and pray for the needs of our world. We share communion once per month, and have a choir that sings seasonally. Fun and safe nursery for birth – three years old.
10:00 am Service
The music is more rock-driven, with songs led by a live band. Hear an inspiring and challenging sermon, pray for the needs of the world, and share communion every week. Fun and safe nursery (birth-3 years), kids’ programs (4 years-5th grade), and youth programs (6th-12th Grade).
- Reaching people for Christ
- Developing disciples
- Living lives of compassion, mercy, and justice
7 Things to Know About Us
- Relax. We’re not scary.
- There’s no dress code. Please come as you are. Flannel is awesome.
- We hope you can be open to God.
- You are welcome to participate as much or little as you want.
- We don’t single out visitors during service and won’t make you uncomfortable. If you’re ready, the pastors would like to say hi after the service.
- We have plenty of parking.
- We love kids and teenagers.
The Beginning of Harbor Covenant Church
Harbor Covenant Church began in 1980 when a group from First Covenant Church in Tacoma joined to “plant” a new church in Gig Harbor. We were organized in 1981 as a mission congregation of the North Pacific Conference of the Evangelical Covenant Church.
What We Believe
- We affirm the centrality of the word of God.
- We affirm the necessity of the new birth.
- We affirm a commitment to the whole mission of the Church.
- We affirm the Church as a fellowship of believers.
- We affirm a conscious dependence on the Holy Spirit.
- We affirm the reality of freedom in Christ.