A 12-MONTH STUDENT MINISTRIES INTERNSHIP PROGRAM AT HARBOR COVENANT CHURCH
Because of our commitment to developing disciples, Leadership XP (LXP) is designed to generate opportunity for women and men to explore and pursue their calling to student ministry, provide work experience, and facilitate professional relationships that lead to the creation of new leaders and a pipeline of potential employment candidates.
SCOPE OF THE PROGRAM
Our internship program is more than "free help" or "babysitting." Interns will be expected to contribute in meaningful ways.
- LXP flips the traditional student ministries internship model upside down. Interns will not be getting coffee, making copies and doing mundane tasks staff don’t want to do. LXP interns are brought in and are given leadership responsibility.
- Each intern is paired with a mentor (a staff member in the ministry area the intern is serving in) who is responsible for assisting with their development
- Delegating responsibility/authority, not tasks <
- Spiritual Development
Identify three to five “theological rocks” that inform the core of their spiritual identity and ministry.
- Personal Development
Complete the Myers-Briggs, Strengths Finder, EQ-I, and/or Enneagram test
- Leadership Development
Attend one regional ministry conference and read “The Five Dysfunctions of a Team” and “The Ideal Team Player”
- Professional Development
Read one book related to their ministry area and write a resume and philosophy of ministry
- Book Discussions | Seasonal and Weekly
Discussions with rest of Staff will cover topics of leadership development, spiritual leadership, theology, or Harbor Covenant Values.
- Mentor Feedback | Monthly
Mentors will sit down with the intern to provide feedback on their progress and performance and work on professional, personal, and relational goals.
- Personal Developmental Programs | Quarterly
Interns will take the Myers-Briggs, Strengths Finder, EQ-I, and Enneagram test and will review results with their mentor.
QUALIFICATIONS OF A LXP STUDENT MINISTRIES INTERN
- Follower of Jesus Christ who supports the mission of the Evangelical Covenant Church
- Demonstrated grasp of Biblical insight and knowledge
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for student ministries
- Demonstrated team player.
HOURS, SALARY, AND BENEFITS
The LXP internship will generally start in between June and September.
Hours and Compensation
- 30 hours per week in student ministries
- 10 hours per week in rotation through the general ministries of the church
- $25,000 annually based on 50 work weeks
- $100 - Book Allowance
- $300 - Continuing Education
- $600 – Professional Expense
- $200 a month taxable healthcare allowance with proof of payment of coverage